Small Tourism Business Grants Fund
About The Fund
The purpose of the Small Tourism Business Grant Fund, initiated by the South Australian Tourism Commission, is to provide financial support for sole traders and small tourism businesses with an annual turnover of greater than $100,000 and less than $1 million who have experienced financial loss as a result of COVID-19. The fund aims to provide an immediate injection of funds to boost the cash flow for small tourism businesses that will relieve the burden of reduced business during this period of uncertainty.
Applicants may receive a one-off cash payment up to a maximum of $10,000, to pay relevant business expenses.
Opening and Closing Dates
- Opening Date
The Small Tourism Business Grant Gund will open on Friday 3 April 2020.
- Closing Date
Applications will close at 5pm Friday 17 April 2020, unless funding is fully exhausted beforehand.
Who will be eligible?
- The small business must be a South Australian registered business.
- The tourism business must have been listed on Australian Tourism Data Warehouse (ATDW) before 1 March 2020. A retrospective listing will not make you eligible for this grant.
- The tourism business must be an established small business or sole operator. This means you were active in the 2018-19 financial year and had an annual turnover of greater than $100,000 and less than $1 million.
- Applicants must be able to substantiate current business expenses for which the payment will be used.
- Only one application will be accepted from an individual ABN or a financial beneficiary of a business.
- Applicants must agree to the Funding Conditions at the time of application submission.
- The micro-business stream, for businesses with annual turnover of $100,000 to $499,999. Payment is a maximum of $5,000.
- The small business stream, for businesses with annual turnover of $500,000 to $1m. Payment is a maximum of $10,000.
- Employees of tourism businesses.
- Businesses located or operating outside of South Australia.
Businesses that are part of larger organisation(s). The aim of this Fund is to support small businesses that are without the resources of a parent company. Examples of ineligible businesses includes, but is not limited to,
- Component parts of larger businesses
- Businesses run by other parts of government (e.g. council owned caravan parks, state or federal government owned tourism ventures)
- Any Business which is successful in accessing alternative grant funding through the SATC's Regional Events Grant Fund.
The Eligibility Criteria is as follows:
There are two funding streams:
The following are Not Eligible to apply:
It is recommended that Google Chrome is used to access this page.
* Denotes a required field.