Regional Events Grants Fund
About The Fund
The purpose of the Regional Events Grants Fund, initiated by the South Australian Tourism Commission is to provide financial support for small to medium regional event organisers who have experienced financial loss due to the forced cancellation or postponement of an event staged between 16 March 2020 and 31 August 2020, as a result of COVID-19. These events are broken into two groups – Regional Events and Community Events, as outlined below.
Regional Events Definition
Regional Events (including festivals) which are significant to their location and community, provide good economic return and boost the profile of the region. These events attract interstate and/or intrastate visitors, generate local media and have the ability to generate state and national media coverage. These events must attract more than 1,000 people. Examples include the Fringe in Mount Gambier, 500 Miles of Music and Clare Valley Gourmet Weekend.
Community Events (including festivals) primarily driven and sustained by their respective local community, which provide strong social outcomes, but with less focus on an economic benefit to the region. These events must attract more than 500 people. Examples include Seafood on Spencer, Red Poles & Spinning Yarns Aboriginal Arts Festival and the Coober Pedy Opal Festival. These events may have the ability to grow into Regional Events.
The total amount available within the Regional Events Grant Fund is $200,000.
Applicants under the Regional Events category may receive a grant of up to a maximum $5,000, subject to the losses incurred.
Applicants under the Community Events category may receive a grant up to a maximum $2,000, subject to the losses incurred.
Grants will be awarded based on meeting mandatory Eligibility Criteria (detailed below) and in date order of receipt of the application. Once the Fund has been fully expended (i.e. a total of $200,000 has been issued in grants), all other applications will be declined.
Opening and Closing Dates
- Opening Date
The Regional Events Grant Fund will open on Friday 3 April 2020.
- Closing Date
Applications will close at 5pm Friday 17 April 2020, unless funding is fully exhausted beforehand.
Who will be eligible?
- Must be a South Australian registered business.
- Event must have been listed on Australian Tourism Data Warehouse (ATDW) before 1 March 2020.
- The event must have been scheduled to run between 16 March 2020 – 31 August 2020 and had been postponed or cancelled due to COVID-19.
- Applicants must demonstrate financial loss and provide documentation detailing the costs incurred, which cannot be recovered or attributed to a future event, as a result of the cancellation or postponement of their event.
- Applicants must demonstrate they have attempted to mitigate their losses.
- Trade and Industry events such as symposiums, expos or conventions, education events, agricultural shows and conferences.
- Tours, open gardens, open days, markets, reunions, performances, charity or fundraising activities.
- Any Events classified as a Major Event under the SATC Guidelines.
- Any Event which has in the past two financial years not met their obligations under a SATC sponsorship agreement.
- Any Event which is successful in accessing alternative grant funding through the SATC's Small Tourism Business Grant Fund.
The Eligibility Criteria is as follows:
The following are Not Eligible to apply:
It is recommended that Google Chrome is used to access this page.
* Denotes a required field.
For further information on programs, please contact email@example.com.